Get Field Value by CAML, SharePoint Online

Jun 16, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I'm trying to use the SharePoint Online version of the Get Field Value by CAML activity. Something weird is going on. I'm 100% certain that the query (<where>) part is correct, as i even used a variable to hold it, and add it to the workflow history. I'm getting wrong ID values however..

Is this a known issue?

Jun 16, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I have the following Caml query. Weird thing is, that the value I retrieve is 100% off: the Begin, End and LookupField:Id values are all different than in the query.
I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong. Please tell me what I need to do to get this fixed..

<Query>
   <Where>
      <And>
         <And>
            <Leq>
               <FieldRef Name='Begin'/>
               <Value Type='DateTime'>2011-12-31T23:00:00Z</Value>
           </Leq>
            <Geq>
               <FieldRef Name='End'/>
               <Value Type='DateTime'>2011-12-31T23:00:00Z</Value>
          </Geq>
         </And>
         <Eq>
            <FieldRef Name='LookupField_x003a_Id' LookupValue='FALSE'/>
            <Value Type='Lookup'>7</Value>
         </Eq>
      </And>
   </Where>
</Query>

Coordinator
Jun 16, 2012 at 10:53 AM

mterwoord,

1. we need to convert datetime value to ISO.

http://blog.furuknap.net/convert-datetime-to-iso8601-for-use-in-sharepoint-caml-queries

2. not sure about the "LookupValue='FALSE'", should it be "TRUE"?

Jun 16, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1: I'm using ISO format already.
2: When i use LookupValue=TRUE, i get value 7;#7 instead of 7..

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM, fangdahai <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

mterwoord,

1. we need to convert datetime value to ISO.

http://blog.furuknap.net/convert-datetime-to-iso8601-for-use-in-sharepoint-caml-queries

2. not sure about the "LookupValue='FALSE'", should it be "TRUE"?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (efspwfactivities@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email efspwfactivities@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Jun 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Can you help me get going with debugging the workflow activity in Visual Studio 2010? I'm pretty new to this, but am interested in learning this..

Coordinator
Jun 20, 2012 at 1:41 PM
mterwoord wrote:

Can you help me get going with debugging the workflow activity in Visual Studio 2010? I'm pretty new to this, but am interested in learning this..

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms455354.aspx

Jun 20, 2012 at 1:44 PM
And where can I find the sandbox code of the getfieldvaluebycaml activity? at this codeplex site there's only the full one.

Jan 27, 2014 at 2:53 PM
'EF Get Field Value by CAML' sandbox activity uses server side code. It is deprecated now. I would recommend to use Get items activity from Plumsail Workflow Activity Pack. We don't use server side code in sandbox solution, data is queried from REST service.

Note: This is paid but not expensive 3rd party solution.