Get Field Value by CAML, SharePoint Online

Jun 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I'm trying to use the SharePoint Online version of the Get Field Value by CAML activity. Something weird is going on. I'm 100% certain that the query (<where>) part is correct, as i even used a variable to hold it, and add it to the workflow history. I'm getting wrong ID values however..

Is this a known issue?

Jun 16, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I have the following Caml query. Weird thing is, that the value I retrieve is 100% off: the Begin, End and LookupField:Id values are all different than in the query.
I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong. Please tell me what I need to do to get this fixed..

<Query>
   <Where>
      <And>
         <And>
            <Leq>
               <FieldRef Name='Begin'/>
               <Value Type='DateTime'>2011-12-31T23:00:00Z</Value>
           </Leq>
            <Geq>
               <FieldRef Name='End'/>
               <Value Type='DateTime'>2011-12-31T23:00:00Z</Value>
          </Geq>
         </And>
         <Eq>
            <FieldRef Name='LookupField_x003a_Id' LookupValue='FALSE'/>
            <Value Type='Lookup'>7</Value>
         </Eq>
      </And>
   </Where>
</Query>

Jun 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM

mterwoord,

1. we need to convert datetime value to ISO.

http://blog.furuknap.net/convert-datetime-to-iso8601-for-use-in-sharepoint-caml-queries

2. not sure about the "LookupValue='FALSE'", should it be "TRUE"?

Jun 16, 2012 at 1:03 PM
1: I'm using ISO format already.
2: When i use LookupValue=TRUE, i get value 7;#7 instead of 7..

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM, fangdahai <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

mterwoord,

1. we need to convert datetime value to ISO.

http://blog.furuknap.net/convert-datetime-to-iso8601-for-use-in-sharepoint-caml-queries

2. not sure about the "LookupValue='FALSE'", should it be "TRUE"?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (efspwfactivities@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email efspwfactivities@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Can you help me get going with debugging the workflow activity in Visual Studio 2010? I'm pretty new to this, but am interested in learning this..

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:41 PM
mterwoord wrote:

Can you help me get going with debugging the workflow activity in Visual Studio 2010? I'm pretty new to this, but am interested in learning this..

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms455354.aspx

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:44 PM
And where can I find the sandbox code of the getfieldvaluebycaml activity? at this codeplex site there's only the full one.

Jan 27, 2014 at 3:53 PM
'EF Get Field Value by CAML' sandbox activity uses server side code. It is deprecated now. I would recommend to use Get items activity from Plumsail Workflow Activity Pack. We don't use server side code in sandbox solution, data is queried from REST service.

Note: This is paid but not expensive 3rd party solution.